7.25.2008

Uke Love

This is why I cannot have free time. I'm kicked back, having a Beam Black on the rocks and casually poking around YouTube...just searching for whatever piques my interest at that moment.

Suddenly, for whatever reason, my love for the Ukulele decided to rear it's tiny head. And, YouTube being the cavernous cultural depot that it is, there was enough Ukulele video to quell my ravenous appetite. Of course there was; this is YouTube we're talking about. Nothing escapes its massive event horizon.

There were many videos to choose from...so many I could share with you. But this video stood out. It's hard to say why. Maybe it's because they're Brits. Maybe it's because they play in a "Ukulele Orchestra". Maybe because the oldest guy on the stage is singing this classic. Or maybe it was because the first close-up of the crowd was probably the only black guy in the whole place. I'm actually a little surprised they didn't ask him to come up and do an interpretive dance...'cause you know he can dance! Whatever it was, I was ready to throw down. You damn right I was.



A further search turned up this gem by the same "orchestra". I dedicate it to iJon. Smells Like a Link