7.31.2008

Drink Ye a Tankard of Ale!

This is Rogue American Amber Ale. It is brewed at the Rogue Brewery in Newport, Oregon, which is now on my list of places I have to go before I die.



This is what the Rogue Website says about the American Amber:

Tawny amber in color with a coffee aroma and tight head. A delicate roasted malt accent, generous use of hops and a smooth finish. American Amber, originally known as Ashland Amber (created at Rogues original brewpub in Ashland, Oregon which was destroyed by flooding several years ago), is created from Northwest Harrington and Klages, 95-115 and 135-165 Crystal Malts. Kent Golding and Cascade Hops. American Amber is available in a 22-ounce bottle, 12-ounce 6-pack (new for 2005), and on draft.

Most of that doesn't make sense to me either, but I do have a good hold on the final result, which is wonderful.

While the Rogue family of beers are not readily available at every purveyor of delicious libations, you can find a few of their offerings at a smattering of places here and there. Along with the American Amber Ale, Rogue brews my favorite domestic beer of all time, Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar, which proves very elusive to find in my general vicinity.

There are a vast array of Rogue beers, many of which I have had, and I have never had a bad one. My cousin, on the other hand, refuses to drink this beer because, and I quote, "Amber beers give [him] night terrors."

You can check out the entire family of Rogue beers here: MMmmmmmm.....Beer

No comments: