7.21.2008

The Dark Knight

So I went to see the hottest movie of the summer. I went to the Sunday morning (11:30am) showing and still ended up standing in line in the ridiculous 90+ degree weather. I had to keep asking myself..."Is this movie REALLY worth standing in line for? I'm a Grown Ass Man (GAM) for goodness sake. I pay taxes. I have a 401K. Why am I in line to see a comic book movie??"

Well, it was good. I'm not going to say it was fantastic. I found Batman's voice to be a little ridiculous and annoying. However, Ledger did a good job. I found this performance much better than his "Ennis Del Mar" in that movie he was in where he cavorted with men. I found his "love scenes" a little to gritty and realistic to watch. However his Joker is first rate. I think it was a very well-done performance. After about 10 minutes I forgot about the face paint and forgot that it was Heath Ledger. That's when you know you've seen something good.

Overall I give it two thumbs up. It's worth seeing. I've seen where people said it changed their lives...I wouldn't go that far. It's a good way to spend 2.5 hours on a hot, lazy day.

No comments: